WE HAVE WINNERS!
The three winners of Media Kit Smash are….
– Shelly Bergman
– Dani Ryan
– Herchel Scruggs
Last month I announced my second course, Media Kit Smash. Well it’s time to get ready for it because registration opens Monday, February 10 at 11 am Eastern!
There are TWO sessions to choose from, depending on your schedule.
SESSION 1: Monday, February 24 – Friday, March 7
SESSION 2: Monday, March 17 – Friday, March 28
Registration closes the Wednesday before the start of the session (or when it sells out). Each class is maxed about at 50 students so space was limited.
Email subscribers: Your special discount code drops tomorrow!
Not on the list yet? Join by tonight at 10 pm Eastern, you’ll get an email in the morning for the exclusive discount.
Where do you sign up for the course? When the course goes live, you can register at this link: http://www.blogclarity.com/shop/media-kit-smash/. That link will NOT be live until registration opens. The site will be slow (and may even crash) right when it opens so be patient!
What’s the Course Include?
With Media Kit Smash, you’ll learn:
- The basic components of a solid media kit (and how many pages are a perfect size for any blog)
- How to create the perfect bio, with prompts to kickstart your writing
- Whether you should write your media kit in first or third person
- Must-have stats to include… and additional ones to use when your audience is small
- How to gather information that gives brands a clear picture of your audience
- Showcasing your sponsor and advertising opportunities (and which details get too nitty gritty)
- Why you should build credibility with testimonials and how to ask for them
- The one thing missing from many media kits (and how to fix it)
I know not everyone has fancy software like Adobe InDesign… and you don’t have to! In this course, you’ll make a beautiful, professional media kit in PowerPoint (if you don’t have PowerPoint, not to worry– just keep reading), then convert it to a PDF for your finished media kit. In this instructor-led course, you’ll get:
- Eight lessons over a two-week period (Wednesdays are catch-up days and for our chats)
- Eight media kit template starters for PowerPoint
- Over 50 icons to use in your kit (just do NOT use them all — hello, overkill!)
- Videos showing design tips to make important details STAND OUT
- Handouts to make creating your kit easier
- Two live chats with me in a private chat room (text chats with transcripts provided if you miss them)
- Private Facebook group to discuss each day’s lesson and get feedback (Group will be open for three full months if you get behind)
- Share your finished media kit in the Facebook group
- BONUS: One-sheet templates (for those times when you just need to send a little less info)
As an instructor-led course, I’ll be in the Facebook group daily to guide you and answer questions. I even promise to provide four points of feedback (2 praises, 2 suggestions) on your final media kit if you share it in our private Facebook group within three months of taking the course.
- PowerPoint (or Google Drive)
- A tool installed to capture analytics (Google Analytics, Statcounter, Clicky)
- Quantcast installed- or the most current Google Analytics code installed on your blog to capture demographic data (Nice to have but not required)
This course wasn’t created to convince you that you need a media kit or tell you how to pitch to brands (pitching will be a course down the road though). It WILL walk you step-by-step through a media kit that will knock the pants anyone you send it to (metaphorically of course).
If you’re wondering why on earth we’re using PowerPoint, you’d be surprised as its design capabilities. As someone who’s used Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator since high school, I used to scoff at the idea of anyone designing in PowerPoint. But it’s come a LONG way, baby.
I chose PowerPoint because not everyone has access to design programs like InDesign, nor do they have the desire to learn complex software just to create a media kit. If you DON’T have PowerPoint, you can use Google Drive for 95% of this course (and for that other 5%, I give you links to alternate methods to create similar design elements). You can also use Open Office or Keynote, but I can’t provide any specific feedback for how to use those.
The No-Risk Guarantee- That’s How I Roll
If you’re feeling wishy washy about the course, don’t worry. If you take the course and decide you didn’t really get anything out of it, then I will refund your money. You just have to let me know within 30 days of starting the course. (Out of nearly 600 students for my first course Content Brew, I’ve only ever had to give ONE refund… and it was because the person thought the course would give her access to “moms” so she could market her products. Um what?)
Enter for a Chance to Win One of 3 Spots
Yep! I’m giving away three spots! You choose the session you want to attend. You can enter right here!