Psst, it’s Melissa here. I want to tell you something… Blogging sucks.
Okay, I kid. I kid. It’s actually loads of fun, incredibly rewarding and oh-so empowering.
But it’s also hard work and a continual learning process. And that can sometimes suck when you’re running in cyber circles, not knowing where to find the answers (or even the right questions to ask). Well…
Blog Clarity exists for you and your answer-seeking self, covering everything from blogging to social media to writing tips.
You want your blog to grow.
You want to build an audience.
You want to work with brands.
This blog hands you tools, advice, tutorials and inspiration to make all that happen… by helping you shine with bloggy greatness.
Gimmicky blog promotion and trickery aren’t my thing, so you won’t see any voodoo social media magic here. What you will find is real, can-do advice geared to both the blogger just starting out and the blogger who’s been around a while. This blog is for ANY lady who wants to improve her blog, one stellar step at a time.
I’m a marketing communications chick, For Dummies book author, sometimes designer and boy wrangler (don’t worry- I mean my two kids). I have a crush on social media, but I know when to put my phone down too. During my 16 year career in marcom (that’s marketing communications), I’ve written content for numerous websites, managed creative teams and even worked on commercials with the late Leslie Nielsen. I currently work part-time as Social Media Strategist for Burt’s Bees.
Blog Clarity began on my other blog, Adventuroo, after seeing that blogging moms craved knowledge to improve their blogs. I had a light bulb moment and realized my marcom know-how could apply to blogging too. In early 2014, I changed this blog’s name from Momcomm to Blog Clarity, so you might see little remnants of Momcomm here and there. In addition to being here on the blog, you might find me speaking at a conference. Some of my past speaking gigs:
- iRetreat Conference- July 2016: Media Kits that Speak a Brand’s Language
- Blog U Conference- June 2015: Media Kits that Speak a Brand’s Language
- Mom 2.0- May 2015: How to Create Your Own E-Course
- Converge South- October 2014: How to Generate Blog Content Ideas (that won’t bore your customers)
- Type A Parent Conference- September 2014: Blog Design One-on-Ones
- Type A Parent Conference- September 2013: Co-presenter on The Reality of Writing a Book with Jill Smokler from Scary Mommy
- Type A Parent Conference- June 2012: Co-presenter on Blog Design with Laurie Smithwick and Brittany Van der Linden
- Illuminate- September 2012: Fire Up Authority and Authenticity through Blogging and Facebook
- Bloggy Boot Camp- October 2011: How to Get Readers to Talk Back
If you think I’d rock at speaking at your conference, give me a shout and let’s talk.
That One Time I Wrote a Book
Lookie! That’s my book, Blog Design for Dummies. This book brings good blog design within everyone’s reach, covering topics like:
- Basic design principles that every blogger should know
- CSS coding that can be used to create a design that gets noticed
- How to select the perfect colors, fonts and imagery for your design
- Why smart navigation matters and how to achieve it
Want to ask me a question? Work with me? Send me a unicorn? Send your notes of awesomeness to email@example.com.
Is Your Blog in Tip-Top Shape? Find Out!
Get this free DIY Blog Critique to see what's missing from your blog's design, navigation, and content.