Bloggers want cute stuff, practical stuff, and stuff that makes us even smarter. Whether you’re shopping for yourself or that really awesome blogger in your life, one of these gifts is sure to make a blogger happy.
1. Business Card Holder ($16 for chevron & $6.50 for polka dot): I liked both of these so much I couldn’t pick one to share! These are from two different Etsy stores but each one holds at least 24 business cards. They’re stylish and practical when you’re passing out b-cards like a champ! Don’t have business cards for your blog yet? Then see my business card series and get you some, girl!
2. Portable Charger ($49.99): This charger is actually on MY holiday list after seeing a friend with it. It’s light, compact and includes different tips to charge everything from a mobile device to most digital cameras. Also comes in blue, black and red if purple makes you think of Barney with a cell phone. Gimme gimme!
3. Polaroid Instant Camera ($69.99): Why am I recommending a camera that actually prints out pictures? Because they’re like real life Instagrams! Photograph things that inspire you to display near your computer. Or take it to your next blog conference. You’ll be the hit of the conference.
4. Blog Design for Dummies (
$29.99 only $21.59 on Amazon right now): Yeah, I’m partial to this one. I wrote it! Whether you want to completely redesign your blog or just make it prettier and more user-friendly, this book is for you. Plus, it’s in FULL COLOR and chock full of awesome blog designs from over 50 bloggers.
5. 12-count pack of Sharpies ($15.99): Nothing makes brainstorming ideas for your blog easier than using lots of color. If you’ve never given brainstorming on paper a try, then check out #8 on this gift guide. Use these Sharpies to write ideas down, sketch layouts for a blog project or just label stuff. Colored Sharpies help give you that creative spark (trust me, it works).
6. Backblaze ($50 for 1 year): For over a year now, we’ve been using Backblaze to back up all the computers in our house. While it won’t back up your blog files, it WILL back up your entire computer, from precious photos to any blog files stored on your hard drive. You set it and forget it, knowing your files are there should you need them. To order Backblaze as a gift, just go to Backblaze, then select Buy. You’ll see a Gift icon and a link right on that page!
7. Moleskine Notebook ($12.95): I don’t know about you, but I get ideas everywhere… in the shower, in the car, in bed. I carry a Moleskine with me to jot notes down and sketch ideas. Sure I use my phone too, but every blogger needs a notebook for when that phone is out of reach (or being occupied by your kids). Plus, there’s just something about writing things down on paper!
8. Content Brew ($50): Yep, two things from me on this list and this is the second one. All bloggers want to start off the new year feeling on-track with their blogging and part of that starts with an editorial calendar. The self-paced Content Brew course shows you how to plan content for your blog, Facebook and Twitter using a content calendar (template provided), along with tools to make managing content a cinch!
9. Starbucks Gift Card ($5 and up): Bloggers can’t blog without caffeine, am I right? Keep your favorite blogger caffeine-charged with a gift card to Starbucks. If the blogger on your list doesn’t do caffeine, there’s always tea or hot cocoa options. Almost just as good.
10. Kailo Chic Laptop Tote ($64.99): Another thing on this list that I own! I searched high and low for a great laptop bag to carry to the coffee shop or a blog conference. This bag comes with lots of pockets, has ample space and is just darn cute. Plus, it’s quite durable. I’ve had mine almost two years and it still looks great. This post does contain a couple of affiliate links, but I only chose stuff that bloggers would be happy to unwrap. Have a favorite from the list? If you want to see some gifts for social media geeks (which, yes, are often bloggers too) then be sure to see my 2013 Gift Guide for Social Media Geeks.
Is Your Blog in Tip-Top Shape? Find Out!
Get this free DIY Blog Critique to see what's missing from your blog's design, navigation, and content.