How to See If Your Content is Pinned on Pinterest

Oh yes. Momcomm is bringing on the Pinterest. I’ll be adding Pinterest tips into the mix of my social media posts, which is party an excuse for me to play around with making pretty graphics.

If you’re on Pinterest, you really don’t get any notifications that someone pinned something that linked to your website. So I’m sure you’ve asked this question:

There’s a really super simple way to see anything that’s been pinned from your website. Just do this:

Don’t use the www. Just your name and the .com.

Hopefully you’ll find a nice surprise of things you didn’t know were being pinned.

Here’s what it looked like when I looked at Momcomm:

Underneath each pin, you can see how many likes, repins and comments that pin received.

And here’s what it looked like when I looked at Adventuroo:

Mainly stuff from my kids’ birthday party last year but I was happy to find my Family Camping Checklist is getting repinned and so is my son’s modern outdoorsy bedroom.

Easy peasy! If you haven’t seen who is pinning your website yet, do it and let me know if you found anything surprising!

By the way, you can follow me on Pinterest if you really want. I promise I’ll pin good stuff.

Comments

1. Pauline says

This is such a great tip. I was thinking about how this was done and was pleasantly surprised to see a few pins! Thank you!
    Pauline recently posted..365 | Week 4

2. says

Thank you! I was just thinking earlier today that I’d like to be able to see if anything from my blog is getting pinned but didn’t give it much more thought, because I figured it was hard and I just wasn’t into “hard” today. I’m glad it’s so easy :)
    Trish recently posted..14 days of love {day 3}

3. says

Thank you! I’ve been thinking that this had to be an option, but couldn’t figure it out. Good to see what images people are drawn to and are pinning! Also, I’ve been using real pictures and editing them on Picnik. Where do you create your graphics without a background photograph? Does that make sense? Thanks!
    Kim @ Little Stories recently posted..Minimalist Fun at Childhood 101

• melissa says

Hi Kim! I use Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop for my graphics (this was PS). Photoshop Elements is a great, more cost effective application though!

4. says

Well aren’t you smart! I wondered what was getting pinned. Sometimes I get traffic from Pinterest and realize something has been pinned, but this is great. A lot of them are my own pins (muahaha) and it’s mostly my blogger’s manifesto that others have pinned, which doesn’t surprise me, but some other stuff too that I didn’t know until now!
    Robin | Farewell, Stranger recently posted..From New to Truly You

5. says

I so needed this. I have a pitiful knowledge of what Pinterest really is. I can’t wait to find out that I am a major star on Pinterest.

6. says

Thank you for this post! I’ve seen the occasional pins from my blog when they first showed up, but couldn’t figure out how to go back and find them again, or see which other ones I was missing. I did get a few surprises… like seeing that someone pinned an image of my blog header!

• says

Thanks for the plug for PinAlerts, Laurel.
      My friend Paul and I developed PinAlerts because I hated to keep going to check the source to see if someone had pinned anything new from my blog. Now I just get an email ;)

Like you said, it doesn’t catch all of your pins and if you get a lot of them. Pinterest will only show the most recent ones.

Watch for a redesign and some new features coming soon!

Blog On
      Janet
      Janet Thaeler recently posted..How General Mills Rewarded the Guy Who Ate 1 Million Cheerio’s

7. says

hi! i’ve noticed that when i do this, it only shows like 20 pins from my site–there used to be hundreds and now there’s only a few–when i click on a pin, it shows the ‘pinned via ” in the right corner and shows pins that don’t show up when i use the source link you mentioned. i’m not sure if that makes any sense, but it’s driving me crazy…do have any idea what i’m talking about? http://pinterest.com/pin/224898575114313278/

8. says

I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own blog and was wondering
    what all is required to get setup? I’m assuming hasving a blog like yours would
    cost a pretty penny? I’m not very internet savvy so I’m noot 100% positive.
    Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
    Madeleine recently posted..Madeleine